Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Push-up Challenge - Day 8

For months, I have been saving the monthly workout calendars from Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans with intentions of using them. Each time, I print the calendar, hang it up, and walk right past it. I might remember a few days out of the month to complete the day's challenge, but not often.

This month, I decided that I'm going to commit to this month's Push-up Challenge:






This time, I didn't print the calendar. I scheduled each day's workout into the calendar on my phone so it's at my fingertips at any time of the day. I announced on Facebook that I was going to do this challenge, and challenged my friends to join me. Of my 488 friends, only two accepted the challenge.

My friend and boot camp instructor, Tina, decided to check in with each other on our push-ups. And guess what... we're doing it! One day I forgot to do them, but I made them up the next day and what should've been a rest day. 

Most days, I have been doing my push-ups at the countertop. One day I did wall push-ups, and last night, I did my last two sets on the ball (as pictured above).

On the first few days, I found sets of 2 and 3 to be way too easy so I combined them into one set. On Day 7, I had to start splitting it up into 2 sets. This morning, Tina and I got our push-ups done in boot camp. Not just 4 sets of 4, but 3 sets of 25! Ok, I admit that I didn't really do that many, but on the first set, I made it to 18 (I lost track of the other sets).

In boot camp, we did our push-ups on the floor, which has always been a challenge for me. This morning, I found them to to be easier, which means I am getting stronger.


No comments:

Post a Comment